May 6, 2008

Spotters Not Spotted

Around three more weeks to my first block exam, hope that I can get through this with the result I expect in order to prove to myself I made a right choice that I've entered into medical career. Am I tension?? I guessed not cuz at here everyday life is just about TENSION. Packed with presentation and test, pressure by lecturers and etc... Already used to the pace of life being a medical student. The only thing that revolves around us is BOOKS -- thick with small letters which need magnifying glass. Though all of us here are medical students, but those typical type students still can see in my class. It doesn't mean all medical students are NERDS. There are those just study for the sake of exam, some of them do last minute study, some of them study 24/7...can see them around with BOOKS anywhere, anytime and they won't do any sport or have other entertaiment, some of them who do not expect much and able to balance between fun and studies, some of them just skip the lectures with whatever reasons they can think of.( hope that they still able to sit for Uni exam after 1 year cuz 90% attendance is required). It's great that I've learned how to manage stress, tension and anxiety...

My block exam will start with those practical exam first, most of the practical exam are Spotters oriented instead asking you to perform the experiment. For dissection and anatomy, around 30 stations will be there, each station only last for 1 minute. The specimen like upper limbs, lower limbs and bones will just put on the table of each station..We need to identify the pointed structure, write out their origin, insertion, nerve supply and actions (for muscle) in ONE minute. You guys think easy rite?? Just memorise then okay already...But all the nerves, arteries, veins, mucles are just looked alike. Spotters is really a suicide exam. Haha. Same goes to physiology, biochem and histology practicals. Don't get scared with what I've mentioned here if you're planning to enter MBBS course especially in India cuz at here just simply have too much corpse for us to practise. So far what I've heard from friends those medical students in UK and malaysia do not have that kind of Spotters exam like what I have in India. Their spotters exam is different from here. Wah, quite a long post...better stop here..cuz later kerry don't want to read my post. Ngek ngek ngek...Ciao.

3 comments:

John said...

Not long ago I was a university student like you and I understand the pressure and stress level you are going through, summing up in a sentence they say "The roots of the education is bitter but the fruit is sweet". Inside the campus, you would find nerds, spoilt brat, gansta typo, silly, gay...etc it only means that we learn from keeping the limit drawing your own circle, now smile! :)

I wasnt a medical student but I had horrifying nightmares and experienced during my uni days. I wont be saying here what department I was...only hints below :)

Design, manufacturing and testing of different flying vehicles (spacecraft, missiles, re-entry vehicles, launched complexes, etc),Structural analysis, applied mechanics, thermal design, Earth observation and applied computer science,Flying vehicle control, flight dynamics and air-hydrodynamics, orbital stations and space vehicles development and construction, space services market analysis,numerical methods and programming, artificial intelligence,life support systems,satellite tracking systems and processing tracking information..etc

So....? I didnt get my degree doing nothing :) and standing myself on my feet tall here :) Do your best!! Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Oh NO Natalie..
U're scaring me now!!!
See u in few months time..
Anyway are u coming back on august?

Natalie said...

ya, i will come back in august cuz got 1 month break...