March 14, 2008

Settled Down

Argh, finally got my internet connection in my new campus, MMMC Manipal. So I will just blog about some experience during the journey to Manipal, India. Skip the part that I had trouble checking in my luggages at KLIA. Fly from malaysia to Bangalore on air bus A380. This is my first time travel through MAS so frankly the air hostress aren't that bad. They were quite friendly. After reached Bangalore, though is a international aiport but it is so lame. Only see fans hanging around, totally no AC. Luckily I was travelling in a group, 43 self-sponsored students, all are from malaysia. At least we help each other up when taking the luggages from the conveyer. To my surprise, the weather of Bangalore is like Genting, so cold and comfortable. After we left our luggages in the lorry which will brought our luggages all the way to Manipal. Whereas, we checked in a hotel in Bangalore which I already forgot the name. So the next day, we departed from Bangalore Airport to Mangalore through Jet Airways. The journey took around 45 minutes.

Everyone was like so happy cuz we thought only take an hour to reach our campus from mangalore by bus. Who knows, the journey took two and a half hours and the worse thing is the road is damn damn bumpy. You will get bruises on your face if you sleep against the bus window and the butts can become flat too. After we reached our campus, got a warm welcome from our seniors Batch 21 as I am in Batch 22. Luckily I got the type of room I wanted.

In india, they never say photocopy or photostat and air con instead of xerox and AC. There are no traffic lights on the road. All the drivers will just use thier horns and "pee-eeee" around, definitely is a kind of sound pollution. Another thing is at here always black out during nights, since the day I came the electricity already tripped around 6 0r 7 times in less than one week time. But everyone is cool when there's blackout unlike malaysia girls will be screaming around. Just stay calm for a few seconds and the electricity will be back. Besides, the weather in manipal is so damn hot cuz now is summer. Everytime I get out from my room, when I get back sure need to take a bath. I got the chance to eat cheap Domino's and Subway at here cuz paying in rupees. Till now, it is my sixth day in India and yet I'm still not really used to their food. I've been drinking mineral water cuz at here water is not clean but slowly I'll be immuned to it. Actually, I still have a lot more to write but need to finish my physiology and biochem first. I will blog again soon after the trip to a nearby beach, Maple Beach this sunday.

p/s: Carly, I get to know a friend who is shorter and thinner than teckie and wan lin but able to eat more than you and suquinn. Scary. Haha.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wei...
pijak me lar....
i can eat a lot i tell u!
i can eat half of a medium pizza hut's pizza!...and drink a can of coke!
hng!

Natalie said...

But seriously she can eat more you...i was shocked also...i think she can two large pizza wif dun noe how many cans of coke...

Fui said...

Wei! I can eat 2 large pizzas with Su-Quinn! Plus I can eat for 8 hours continuously without stop. Oh, guess that explains why I eat so slow =P

By the way I forgot to ask, Manipal there can play basketball? Stupid question right? Nevermind it sounds right to me.