April 14, 2008

India, I'm Loving It

I never know that I will love India until I visited a nearby state from Karnataka, called Goa. Now in the rush, so I will just blog up some info about Goa what I heard from friends cuz I don't time to wiki or google it. You guys can just find out by yourselves. Goa is a duty free state and of coz a tourist spot. And most of the people here are catholic so can see churches around. Goa is just all about 3Bs-- Beaches, Bitches, Beers. Haha, Joe is the one think of this. There are beaches in Goa but for this trip I just managed to visit one of that named Baga. Baga Beach is really long stretched with countless of big tents set up along the beach which sells beers, liquor and food. It is a tourist spot of coz a lot of topless girls and ladies jogging around or sun bathing. The best thing is at here the beer is freaking cheap, you can get a one pint of beer with jus 25 rupees (less than RM2.50). Of course I love beer. Having a cold chilled beer at the beach and admiring the waves ....wah, it's really like living in a paradise. The weather in Goa is damn freaking hot. Thanks to amy's sunblock cuz I didn't bring mine along. What a pity, i cant get the chance to post up the photos for you guys. I really love Goa so much. I hope I can get the chance again to visit another beach there after the monsoon season is over. Chilling out at beach, walking around to explore and clubbing during night were things I've done in Goa. I really don't mind spend two weeks there although I stayed in budget hotel.
After so much of nice things about Goa, let me talk about the suckiest train journey to Goa. What's the first impression on your mind when I talk about TRAINS in india? For those who always travel with KTM which always get delayed, you won't complain about KTM anymore after you read my post. Trip to Goa was a sudden due to late announcement of 4-day holidays. So of course we didn't get the chance to buy those reserved class tickets. In the end, we only managed to get General Compartment (equivalent to Economic Class for KTM). At least the ticketsthat KTM sell is numbered tickets. In india, they will just sell countless of tickets to whoever want to buy it. Can you imagine all of them boarding up the train but there's only limited cabins of GC? There will be people sleeping on the floor, on the tray for luggage and anywhere they can find a space to sit or sleep. The worst thing is the train is smelly. My friends and I stood for 3 hours out of 5 hours of journey. When we got the seats, we just cramped together or took turns to sleep. It was a "great" experience. Same thing happened again on the trip we got back from Goa. Will post up photos for you guys after I got my internet connection.

1 comment:

John said...

Another good update Nat!!! Keep it up the good work gal, I agree with you love India but wait till you discover outer and inner beauties of this country :) you may wanna stick up here for little longer!

Biologically, lemme refer as Internal and External dissection of this nation for medical students :) Cheers!