April 21, 2010

Paeds

Today's my second day in paediatrics posting. Posted to a hospital in Karkala, 45 mins bus ride from my campus. Everyday leaves at 930am after an hour of lectures and back at manipal around 5 or 530pm in da evening. In these two days, seen some few interesting cases. Yesterday, a mum brought her 3 years old boy, he is suffered from pneumonia. Her mum complaint that he was coughing all night long thats why he is sleeping when  they're were in OPD..he only open his eyes when he is coughing. The mum looked pale and she cried while she's explaining to doctor. You know this remind me of what? It reminds me, last time I always had gastritis especially during exam period, sometime the pain made me not able to sleep. Then my mum will get up and massage my abdomen to make me feel better so that I can sleep and constantly check on me.

The babies are really cute. I'm just a third year medic student, nothing much can be done. Maybe some history taking, some general examination.. and holding some toys to make thos babies stop crying. LOL. More stuff is coming up next.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

write LOoonger

tzeqi said...

see got ppl think like me

Natalie said...

i noe who is da anonymous.....